Mar 2, 2010

March for Babies

March for Babies is a cause near and dear to my heart. As some of you may or may not know, AJ was born nearly 6 weeks early. Due to his underdevelopment, he was in the NICU for 2 LONG weeks, including Christmas. It was one of, if not the worst time of my life.

The people at March for Babies want to help babies like AJ grow to be big strong superheroes. Wont you help them?

Come down and spend the day with us, walk, jog, play on the beach or just root us on. If you cant make it, can you spare a buck or two to the cause? Thanks everyone!

If you want to join us, contact me and Ill help set you up on our team!

The mission of March of Dimes is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality.


www.marchforbabies.org/kcastain

7 comments:

  1. Kristen,
    I am the dad of my premature daughter and I am a spokesperson for March of Dimes. My first book Blessed with Tragedy gives all proceeds to March of Dimes. http://www.marchofdimes.com/howtohelp/15144.asp
    It is another way to help.

    The reason I am writing you is to see if you are interested in helping promote not only the premature cause, but our newest project Fix the Family, Fix America.

    http://www.FixtheFamilyFisAmerica.org

    IT is a nationwide tour that we help families succeed in all walks of life.

    Your blog could be a catalyst in this as well. I don't know from where you hail, but we are probably coming to a town near you and we need local "experts" to help in these instances.

    Let me know if you wish to know more and anything else that I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause. My neighbors son was born really sick and immature as well. He was in the NICU for months. I'll talk to her about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am def interested in helping to promote. Please give me an email to contact you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both my nieces were born premature. It IS a rough experience. Glad things are going better

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great cause. One of relatives has an immature baby she 10 month old right now. She still is taking a lot of medication. What will I do to join this cause?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I found you on SITS. My daughter was born prematurely last month at 27 weeks. I would love to be a part of this, please let me know what I can do!

    Ps. Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys and gals! :) You can help a few different ways..ways. You can donate directly at my site (www.marchforbabies.org/kcastain), you can join my team and fundraise with us, or you can sign up for your own team and walk in honor of your little preemie and/or others! Let me know if you need any help and thanks again for helping!

    ReplyDelete