Oct 30, 2009

Long Day... (gratitude challenge, etc in here too)

Today, a good friend of mine Dez lost her Granny (who raised her, was more like a mother to her). I cant imagine how she must feel and my heart truly aches for her. If you could all say a prayer for her I would much appreciate it. I had JUST written her a letter this morning. It was sitting on my desk when I found out the news. Sad. At least shes not in pain anymore. Ive gotten some of my friends together and we collected money to carry our Grannys dying wish to have a miriachi band play at her funeral. Dez was so happy she cried. Im glad we could do it for her!

Ok so my gratitude challenge. Day 8 was:Send thank you notes to five people who deserve a little recognition.

Well Granny was one of my five. I didnt send to anyone else. I will have to think of who to send them too. My mind is a little clouded.

Day 9 was: Enjoy the people around you. Take a moment to appreciate their unique talents, abilities and personalities.

This one was easy. I sat and really appreciated the little things people around me do. Its easy to forget sometimes, but I dare you to sit back, and quietly observe the people around you. Your spouse, children etc. Take time to enjoy the little things, because sometimes the little things are all you have to hold onto.


Day 10 states:Pick one of your five senses to focus on each day. Take note of how many gifts come to you via that single port of entry. Write about this experience.

Today Im going to use my sense of smell. MMMM. I came home to a pork roast and potato pancakes being cooked. Yum! My night was capped off with my sons stinky butt. Thats a gift isnt it? Man, that kids gas can CLEAR a room!!

OK! So.. the blog party is going GREAT! Im finishing the final things on my post, Im hoping to get it up tonight/early tomo am. The response was AWESOME, and Im getting even more feedback on it now! Im thinking of doing this maybe weekly? What do you all think? Yay/nay? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading, and remember, be grateful for the little things in life!

Nighty night!

1 comment:

  1. Sending thank you notes is a great idea! I can think of a few people in my life who deserve one.

    ReplyDelete